Fitness Centre Refresh
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be
introducing a new cardio line in January!
The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is excited to announce that we will be introducing a new cardio line in early 2020 at the North Bay YMCA. Most of the cardio equipment is now over 10 years of age and ready to be replaced. We realize this is long overdue and appreciate your feedback and patience while we ensured the best plan for our Y. Along with the new cardio line, we will also be upgrading some of our group fitness equipment, sound system and more.
What can you look forward to?
We’re excited to share that we’ll be getting the Matrix line of cardio equipment. This includes treadmills, elliptical, bikes, climbills, ascent trainer and an S-Force performance trainer!
We will be hosting a series of member information sessions over the next couple of days where you, our valued members, will be able to see pictures of the new equipment, ask questions and meet our new Branch Manager, Jay Mater.
This total investment of $131, 000 is significant for our Y and our staff team factored in the following when selecting the cardio line for our Y:
· Formal (Member Surveys, fitness surveys) and informal member feedback
· Research on other Y’s in the country and fitness centres
· The best fitness solutions based on today’s industry standards and technology
There will be a short disruption to access the fitness centre while the equipment is being installed.
- Wednesday, January 22nd: Fitness Centre CLOSED
- Thursday, January 23rd: Cardio Area CLOSED, Weight & Stretch Areas OPEN at 12:00pm
- Friday, January 24th: Weight & Stretch Areas OPEN, Cardio Area CLOSED until 1:00pm
Fitness programs are available to join while the refresh is happening so you can stay on track! Please click here to view the schedule.
Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to reinvest in our Y. We look forward to sharing updates once the project is underway.
For any questions, please reach out to Kendra MacIsaac, General Manager of Health, Fitness & Aquatics at email@example.com.