Settle into your new community with YMCA services
YMCA’s Immigrant Services has been helping Newcomers settle into the Greater Sudbury region for more than 10 years. Our multi-lingual Settlement staff work collaboratively with community partners to help you build a personalized settlement plan, responsive to your needs.
Services can include:
- Individualized, one to one support in the establishment of a Settlement plan.
- Access to information and orientation sessions related to Life in Canada and Life in Ontario.
- Support in connecting you to your new community with events, tours and more.
- Access to the YMCA’s co-located Employment Centre offering full access to FREE employment and career related resources along with Internet access, photocopying, faxing and telephone usage.
- Assistance with information on Canadian Citizenship testing requirements.
- Access to a wide range of printed resources relating to community services that assist with housing, food, childcare, legal services and more.
- Computer usage for research, job searching and Settlement related services.