Website High Strength Plates & Profiles Inc.
High Strength Plates & Profiles Inc. (HSPP) is a market leader in the processing and distribution of high-strength and abrasion-resistant steel.
Steel Parts Packager
Clean and package steel parts in a team-oriented environment, match parts to orders, and put together skids and kits. Make sure customers get the right parts, and the right number of parts, to put together their equipment — you’re the key link before parts get packed up to go out the door. Stay physically active and engaged with a flexible, constantly changing, custom job shop order flow.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform general warehouse duties where required and as instructed.
- Measure, examine and test completed parts to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring tapes, angle finders, micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs as required.
- Prepare and package steel parts/plates for distribution. This can include but not limited to labelling, kitting, color coding, skidding, banding etc according to given instructions.
- Clean and grind steel parts.
- Load and unload machine tables and stations in a safe and efficient manner to facilitate production lead times as directed.
- Required to work bi-weekly shift rotations: 6am-2:30pm and 2:30pm-11:30pm, Monday to Thursday, 2:30pm -8:30pm Friday, $1.50/hr premium on the evening shift
- At least 2 year of Warehouse experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience working an Overhead Crane
- Experience working with Steel is an asset and is preferred.
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Required to work biweekly shift rotations – 6am -2:30pm and 2:30pm-11:30pm Monday-Thursday and Friday 2:30pm-8:30pm, $1.50/hr night shift premium.
Learn about manufacturing processes, steel processing, safe operating procedures, and start building a foundation to advance in your career. This is an entry level position at an established company with many long-term employees and a history of supporting growth from within.Salary Rate: $21-25/hr
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org