Website health Sciences North
Perform environmental cleaning, distribution of consumables and the appropriate collection of facility waste for HSN. Transport patients to and from various areas within the Hospital.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, Environmental Services.
1. Maintain a clean and safe environment in all areas of the facility.
2. Inspect, clean, and store department equipment and supplies.
3. Handle hazardous waste in accordance with established procedures as well as the relevant federal and provincial legislation, standards and guidelines.
4. Maintain inventory of items and stock supplies in accordance with established procedures.
5. Receive, distribute and collect reprocessing instruments, linen, consumables and other equipment in accordance with established procedures.
6. Transport patients from and or between wards and departments.
7. Transport/assist in the removal of deceased patients from wards as required.
8. Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant federal and provincial health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
9. Participate in hospital training as required.
10. Assist with improvement initiatives as required.
11. Transport linen, beds, mattresses, stretchers, wheelchairs and other patient related equipment/furniture.
12. Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. Minimum of a Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent (i.e. General Education Development (GED) or Academic and Career Entrance (ACE)).
2. Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
1. Three (3) months recent, relevant experience is preferred.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of infection control cleaning and isolation procedures including waste handling and management procedures.
2. Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply written and oral instructions, including dilutions, Safety Data Sheets (S.D.S.), policies and procedures.
3. Demonstrated ability to push equipment and carts and safely lift a minimum of 25 kilograms.
4. Demonstrated computer skills with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook) and applicable patient information systems.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with patients, families, and healthcare workers.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment.
7. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Ability to prioritize tasks.
10. Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
1. Successful Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
2. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
3. Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
4. Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance record.
5. Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected for this position based on their seniority and ability to meet the normal requirements identified in the job posting. A resume or completed Application Form indicating skills and ability must be submitted. HSN reserves the right to conduct a formal interview/testing process where required.
Shift: Initially Assigned to Days, Evenings and Nights
French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism is Required. In accordance with the FLS Plan, if no bilingual candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates may be considered.
Note: Applications for this position must be submitted to the Human Resources Department before 1600 hours on December 22, 2021.
HSN thanks all applicants.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We will not accept applications after the closing date and time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org