Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
CHILD WELFARE WORKER
(1) PERMANENT, (1) CONTRACT
Reporting to the Team Supervisor, the Child Welfare Worker is responsible for a varied caseload including investigating and assessing matters pertaining to children in need of protection; providing support services to families, children, Alternative Care Providers and kin care placements; and supporting children in and out-of-home placements in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act, Ministry standards, child protection protocols, risk assessment tools, Agency policies and procedures and First Nation standards of practice.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree is preferred
- College Diploma in Social Services or Indigenous Child Welfare Worker Diploma may be considered
- Two (2) years’ direct experience in a Social Services Agency
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, organizations and communities
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
- Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 25 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 – 4:00 pm
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
FAX (705) 946-3717 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com