Website Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
CHILD WELL-BEING WORKER
(2) Full- Time Permanent Positions
Location: (1) Sudbury and (1) Island
A CWBW provides for the safety and well-being of children in accordance with KGCFS policies and procedures and Ministry Standards. As the successful applicant, the CWBW will work collaboratively with all KGCFS resources, biological and foster parents, extended family and First Nation communities to ensure that our children are protected and stay connected with their culture, language, and community while strengthening family and community relationships.
- Must possess an accredited college diploma in a related field of study;
- Preference will be given to those who possess a Bachelor of Social Work Honors Degree or a degree in a related field of study;
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in the delivery of direct, frontline, social service programming targeting children, youth and families. Experience within an Anishinaabe organization is preferred;
- Your active participation in the Anishinaabe community especially with building knowledge of the teachings from the medicine wheel will be of significant consideration;
- Ability to interpret and apply a wide range of social work practices and Indigenous based methods designed to help families achieve a healthier lifestyle;
- Ability to apply Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services’ policy and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to complete case notes and reports in timely manner.
- Exceptional ability to work on a one to one basis with Indigenous clientele;
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, possess own vehicle, valid class G driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and travel as required;
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is a strong asset
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment-opportunities to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan. Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Child Well Being Worker –Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers.
Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax at
Human Resources – Confidential
Child Well Being Worker – Sudbury/Island
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com