City of Greater Sudbury
Initial Reporting Location: Chelmsford Library / Citizen Service Centre
Eligible to Work from Home: No
Section: Citizen Service Centres
Division: Greater Sudbury Public Library
Department: Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
Duties: Under the general supervision of a Manager of Citizen Service Centres and the day-to-day direction of a Citizen Service Centre Lead:
1. Provide promotional and/or informational material/forms regarding municipal services, assist customers in completing
2. Direct customers to appropriate department for specialty services (e.g. business licence, planning services).
3. Provide library services including circulation of library materials, placing reserves and renewing library materials, checking shelves for materials using search lists, processing deliveries and exchanges, cataloguing on the fly, repairing damaged books, sorting and shelving materials and reading and dressing shelves.
4. Provide reader service.
5. Receive and process registrations, licence applications, lottery reports, fees, cemetery plots/niche units, and facility bookings as directed.
6. Receive revenue, imprint payment stubs and issue receipts as required from a pre-set menu of services (e.g. parking tickets, tax payments, program fees, transit passes, dog tags).
7. Balance revenue received with payment stubs, receipts and cash register totals daily; prepare daily bank deposit and forward summary to the appropriate Section.
8. Ensure security of revenue in cash register and safe at all times by closing each and testing same; may take deposit to the bank, as directed.
9. May issue marriage licences, as required.
10. Reconcile bus pass and ticket revenues and report same to Transit on a monthly basis.
11. Resolve minor complaints from the general public within pre-set parameters.
12. Record customer service requests/complaints in accordance with established protocols.
13. Act as Commissioner of Oaths as required.
14. Ensure security of premises.
15. Enter monthly statistics as required.
16. Perform typing, filing and miscellaneous clerical duties.
17. Provide detailed account information as required for tax, water bills, leisure facilities and programs.
18. Maintain inventory and process sales of Corporate Wear.
19. Host library programs, workshops; prepare rooms; take registrations.20. Provide software support for citizens using the Internet, WordPerfect and other software available to the public through the library.
21. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
22. Perform other related duties as required.
➢ Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education plus completion of some additional training or postsecondary education in a related discipline, (e.g. arts, science, computers).
➢ One (1) to two and one-half (2½) years related experience.
➢ Knowledge of library services and operations.
➢ Knowledge of municipal services and departments.
➢ Knowledge of microcomputer software and administrative systems in Windows and Internet based environments (e.g. file maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applications, information input and retrieval).
➢ Knowledge of library automated systems, CLASS System and customer relationship management software an asset.
➢ Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
➢ Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detailed work.
➢ Ability to demonstrate accurate keyboarding skills.
➢ Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
➢ French verbal skills and a good working knowledge of written French is required.
➢ Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
➢ Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s licence, have an acceptable driving record, and personal insurance coverage.
Résumés quoting EX22-1107 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at email@example.com or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 4, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice. For more information, please visit our website at www.greatersudbury.ca/jobs.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org