Website High Strength Plates & Profiles Inc.
High Strength Plates & Profiles Inc. (HSPP) is a market leader in the processing and distribution of high-strength and abrasion-resistant steel.
CNC Machine Operator
HSPP is currently seeking an experienced CNC Machine Operator. We are looking for someone who has 3-5 years’ experience, working with Steel Plate. The ideal candidate would possess the experience in Plasma and or Oxy fuel cutting. Also, they must possess the ability to read and interpret engineered part drawings, tolerances, charts, and tables. We are looking for team players; HSPP works as a team to get our products to our customers. HSPP is an established family-owned and operated company with many long-term employees and a history of supporting and developing our team members.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate CNC machines for plasma cutting, oxy cutting and drilling
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as measuring tapes, angle finders, micrometers and vernier calipers
- Perform inspections of parts, measure and record key dimensions and fill in QA forms as needed
- Select the appropriate machines, tools, consumables and materials to be used
- Identify and understand different grades of material and proper procedures and precaution for processing
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine the need for adjustments or repairs
- Perform routine maintenance checks as required and instructed to ensure proper machine operation and safety
- 3-5 years experience as a CNC Machine Operator
- Experience with Plasma and Oxy fuel cutting and drilling
- Experience working with Steel plate and different grades of steel
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Basic mathematical aptitude
- Experience using various measuring tools and small power tools
- Heavy lifting required up to 50lbs
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work bi-weekly shift rotation as it is a requirement of the position: The shifts are: 6am -2:30pm and 2:30pm -11:30pm, Monday to Thursday and 2:30pm-8:30pm Friday. The afternoon shift pays a premium of $1.50/hr for regular hours.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com