Ministry of Finance
Organization: Ministry of Finance Division: Account Management and Collections Branch, Collection Management Unit City: Sudbury Job Term: 1 Temporary – Up to 18 months Job Code: 09OAD – Office Administration 09 Salary: $25.38 – $29.58 Per Hour* *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement. Posting Status: Open Targeted Job ID: 159230
The Ministry of Finance, Tax Compliance and Benefits, Account Management and Collections, is seeking a Collect Management Unit Representative. Do you have a sharp, detail-oriented, analytical mind that it takes to succeed in this role? If so, become part of our team!
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
• Receive, list, and reconcile deposit revenues to ensure the accurate recording of revenues, receivables and cash receipts. • Improve and monitor collection processes. • Provide accounts receivable services and related client support and direction to a diverse group and ensure compliance with corporate and Branch policies and procedures, established service level standards (e.g. SLA performance measures, common service standards) and in keeping with best business practices. • Resolve issues and develop recommendations.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of accounting procedures to reconcile logged deposits, accounts and financial reports. • You possess arithmetic skills to perform calculations, assess accuracy of financial information and process financial documents.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• You can identify and recommend to the Manager on procedural issues concerning accounts receivable, program delivery and client service. • You have analytical skills and attention to detail skills to identify and investigate errors. • You are able to ensure accuracy of transactions and good judgement to take appropriate action.
• You have demonstrated organizational, time management and clerical administrative skills to maintain effective records and deliver on workload requirements in a high-volume environment.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have oral and written communication skills to clarify and explain procedures, provide information and discuss the resolution of processing issues with tact and diplomacy. • You have customer service and interpersonal skills to provide a high level of support and service to clients and maintain liaison with a range of internal and external contacts.
• You are proficient with word-processing and spreadsheet software as well as computerized accounting systems to input, retrieve and monitor data and transactions, update records and to prepare financial reports.
Address: • 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 159 Cedar St, Sudbury, North Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Administrative and Support Services Posted on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 Note: • C-FN-159230/21
How to apply:
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number(159230) in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: All of the job information can be found on the job ad and to apply applicants will have to go online at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca or www.ontario.ca/careers and you must enter the JOB ID# 159230 in the search field to locate and apply to the competition.
The attached job ad has step by step instructions on how to apply. The Ontario Public Service has a unique process and so we would also ask that you review the “OPS Resume preparation Guide” and ensure you clearly demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and abilities relate to the qualifications listed in the job ad.
Please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one document and is not longer than 5 pages.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives. All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, January 26, 2021 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted. The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .
Salary Rate: $25.38 - $29.58 Per Hour
To apply for this job please visit www.gojobs.gov.on.ca.