Health Sciences North
Posting #: 21-2270
Position: Cook 2
Status: Temporary Full-Time (Closes May 25)
APPLICATION LINK: https://secure.hsnsudbury.ca/HSNCareers/Application/Standard/11190
Posting #: 22-0478
Position: Cook 2
Status: Permanent Part-Time (Closes May 11)
APPLICATION LINK: https://secure.hsnsudbury.ca/HSNCareers/Application/Standard/11723
Department: Patient Food Services
Site: Ramsey Lake Health Centre (RLHC)
Perform duties related to the preparation and cooking of food items while adhering to safety and sanitation regulations.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Patient Food Services.
- Prepare food products for processing and cooking as required by patient and non-patient food services menu.
- Include substitutions in meals according to therapeutic diets.
- Ensure kitchen equipment, utensils and designated cooking and work stations are cleaned daily.
- Prepare and maintain daily supply order and order supplies as required.
- Assist in the department’s Quality Assurance Program by completing sections of audits.
- Ensure food, including leftovers, are stored according to established procedure.
- Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant federal and provincial health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
- Participate in hospital training as required.
- Assist with improvement initiatives as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent (i.e. General Education Development (GED) or Academic and Career Entrance (ACE)).
- Food Handlers Certificate is required.
- Current Journeyman Certification in good standing with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
1. One (1) year experience working in institutional food cooking is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply written and oral instructions including product dilutions, menu items, dietary restrictions, workloads, and policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to push carts, and lift safely a minimum of 18 kilograms.
- Demonstrated ability to understand quality food production and service standards.
- Demonstrated computer skills with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Outlook) and applicable patient information systems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated positive work record and good attendance record.
- Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
- Ability to travel between local sites.
Candidates will be selected for this position based on their seniority and ability to meet the normal requirements identified in the job posting. A resume or
completed Application Form indicating skills and ability must be submitted. HSN reserves the right to conduct a formal interview/testing process where required.
Shift: Initially Assigned to Days and Evenings
French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism is an Asset
HSN thanks all applicants.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We will not accept applications after the closing date and time.