Website Manitoulin Lodge / Jarlette Health Services
Cook in a Long-Term Care Residence is responsible for ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time and that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition. In the absence of the Food and Nutrition Manager, the cook may direct Food Service Workers and assist in the purchasing and receiving of food and other supplies.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and production of all meals and catering services as listed on weekly menu including therapeutic diets and menu alternatives.
- Assist with ordering food from approved vendors and completing inventory.
- Assist and participate in the menu planning, follows recipes, and provides input on resident acceptability and feedback to the Food and Nutrition Manager for adjustment and revision.
- Responsible for collecting food samples from every meal, properly labeling, and storing in the freezer for up to one week, responsible to ensure food samples past seven days are discarded.
- Responsible for presenting an appetizing and appealing meal for the residents with required garnishes.
- Ensures that the appropriate and correct temperature of the food is maintained and monitors risk, quality, quantity, appearance, and portion sizes.
- Responsible for cleaning, maintenance, and safety of all kitchen equipment such as stove, ovens, etc. based on daily and deep cleaning schedule.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification.
- Knowledge of sanitation, hygiene, food production, safety and therapeutic diets.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational ability in supervising staff.
- Reliable and able to work with others in a team atmosphere.
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Red Seal certification will be considered an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.54-$19.97 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
To Apply: Email Resume to Erin Marinoff (Culinary Manager) email@example.comSalary Rate: $17.54-$19.97 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org