Website Canadian Red Cross
The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and around the world
Posted: October 20, 2020
Region: CAN – ON – Sudbury Branch
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Community Health and Wellness Coordinator, within the Home Help and Seniors’ Transportation departments, and under the direction of the Senior Manager of Operations.
- Develop, coordinate, support, and assist in all aspects of the Health & Wellness Programs within a defined geographic area.
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate the delivery of Community Health and Wellness Department within the community served.
- Developing implementation plans for program delivery
- Evaluating service delivery and present findings and recommendations for improvement
- Assisting in creating service/initiative goals and objective
- Recruiting, training, coordinating and evaluating staff/volunteers
- Assessing client needs and fees based on eligibility to access the program according to established policies and procedures, referring non-eligible persons to alternative services
- Following up on client complaints, incidents/accidents are reported within appropriate timelines and adhering to the National complaint process
- Completing program administration and provide statistical reports as required
- Liaises with other community agencies/organizations regarding related services/initiatives to foster mutual understanding, coordination and partnerships.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with related organizations and community partners/stakeholders
- Attends inter-agency and community meetings
- Recognizes and develops strategic partnerships to enhance programs/services
- Acts as a spokesperson for services/initiatives to funders and community stakeholders
- Develops a relationship with and act as a spokesperson for media, as designated
- Based on the planning process, play an active role in researching, identifying, developing and implementing new or re-aligned services/initiatives
- Liaising with community to determine vulnerability and gaps in services
- Researching community threats
- Assisting with program development to meet service gaps
- Maintains excellent customer services and quality management in service delivery
- Assists with development and implementation of a program plan to ensure success in meeting National Strategic and Zone Operational targets
- Seeks opportunities to expand current program delivery
- Seeks opportunities to increase market with fee-for-service programs
- Plays an active role in researching, identifying, developing and implementing new or re-aligned services/initiatives
- Assists with the management and protection of Society assets.
- Provides on-site support to management of physical assets (premises, vehicles, security).
- Provides on-site management support of financial assets and activities (petty cash, cash receipting).
- Assists with preparing and monitoring program specific budgets, completes program statistical reports, assists with grand submissions, fee-for-service initiatives, and assists with preparing progress reports.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of program/services budgets
- Assists with review and analysis of budget variances
- Collects and records program statistics
- Assists with the preparation of various progress and evaluative reports
- Assists with preparation and presentation of grant submissions
- Assists with marketing and growth of fee-for-service initiatives
- Integrates volunteer resources within the job’s scope of responsibility.
- Follows all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Supports peers and Management as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
The minimum qualifications for this position are one to three year’s community college diploma preferably within the Gerontology or Social Services field as well as between two to five years job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Good communication/presentation skills, leadership abilities, and experience working with volunteers. Ability to travel throughout the City of Greater Sudbury and must have own reliable transportation. Sound knowledge of various computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with CIMS, RAI CHA assessments or other data management software is an asset.
Required skills and traits:
- Integrity and approachability
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
- Interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- A proven track record for “making a difference”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English as bilingualism is a requirement
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and travel is required
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.