Website WOMEN IN CRISIS (ALGOMA) INC
Crisis Counsellor – Casual
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Staff, the Casual Crisis Counsellor works with women who have experienced gender based violence. The Crisis Counsellor provides consistent comprehensive support and advocacy, including crisis intervention, goal planning, crisis counselling to shelter residents, crisis line callers and walk-in service users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide case management to all clients during the shift.
- Work with women to complete initial needs and goals assessment and action plans as well assist them in reaching their goals through support, guidance and problem solving.
- Ensure the safety and security of the shelter and shelter residents.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Perform household duties both light and strenuous, as necessary.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or Degree in a Human or Social Service Field with related experience.
- Experience working with survivors of abuse and violence.
- Ability to relate to women and children of diverse backgrounds.
- Commitment to social change, including working to end violence against women and children.
- Knowledge, understanding of, and commitment to anti-oppression and feminist work is essential.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Must provide a clear criminal records check.
- This casual position entails shift work, weekends and holidays.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Women In Crisis (Algoma) Inc. is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of The City of Sault Ste. Marie and strongly encourages applications from all qualified women, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas, cultures and sexual orientation.
$29.24 – $31.68 (+5% in lieu of benefits)
Please forward your resume and cover letter, to the attention of:
Kelly O’Donnell, Director of Programs and Staff
Women In Crisis (Algoma) Inc.
23 Oakland Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2T2
Fax: (705) 759-3239
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com