Website Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
(1) Contract Position – Up To 18 Months Leave Coverage
Under the direction of the Service Supervisor, the Cultural Enaadaamaaget will work collaboratively with the Cultural Coordinator to implement the annual work plan /annual calendar.
The Cultural Enaadaamaaget will work in collaborative cooperation with the Cultural Coordinator in the delivery of job functions to assist children, families, staff, and community partners for the preservation and promotion of traditional practices within member First Nations, to strengthen the cultural identity for children, families, and staff and ensure children stay connected with their culture, language, and community.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a minimum of two-year college diploma from an accredited college in a discipline related to Anishinaabe Studies.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the delivery of services to Anishinaabe children and their families or a comparable social service program. However, a combination of skills, work experience, and life learning experiences may be
- Preference for an individual living a traditional lifestyle, and learning being a life-long journey in pursuing to further learn traditional Anishinaabe lifestyle.
- Must be willing to continue to learn the Anishinaabemowin
- Active participation in the Anishinaabe community especially with building knowledge of the teachings from the medicine wheel will be of significant
- Prior work experience for placing of Indigenous practices, approaches and methods integral to the design of Social Work practices and principles and Anishinaabe based methods that will help families achieve a healthier lifestyle and safe well-being.
- An individual of Anishinaabe ancestry with understanding, practice, and sharing of Anishinaabe history, clan system, protocols, etiquette, culture, traditions, ceremonies, principles, and values is preferred, these qualities having resulted in maturity and good
- Excellent communication skills, written skills for completion of documents and reports, oral, facilitator and
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and programs, e.g. – Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Frontline System/Penlieu.
- Must possess strong organization, evaluation, and problem-solving
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence, own vehicle, and be willing to travel and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Must provide a clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract and must be alcohol and drug free for a period of at least four years.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package, and OMERS pension plan. Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Legal Assistant – Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax, or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
Child Well Being Worker – Sudbury/Island
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org