Website Friends of Killarney Park
Digital Operations Coordinator (50% remote work)
Friends of Killarney Park (FOKP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the environmental, educational, and recreational goals of Killarney Provincial Park. Through a variety of events and programs, we aim to enhance the visitor experience and protect the rich biodiversity of the area.
We are currently hiring a Digital Operations Coordinator for fall 2021. We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, looking to fill the position in September.
Responsible for online store updates, efficient logistics coordination, and social media support. The position will be in Killarney Park, supporting the FOKP presence through various digital channels. Remote work may be available on occasion.Characteristic Duties
Under the general direction of the Executive Director:
- Provide logistic support and represent FOKP through our online store, specifically shipping products to customers.
- Create social media campaigns for fall/winter events and programs
- Post content regularly through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for work plans and calendars
- Produce online store and social media analytic reports
- Communicate with members through email, phone, or in-person
- Provide information about FOKP and Killarney Provincial Park to visitors
- Assist with retail operations when needed, including:
- Provide assistance to members of the public who are interested in purchasing maps, field guides, and other items available from FOKP
- Perform cash handling duties, preparation of daily sales summaries, inventory counts, and pricing and stocking of store products
- Assist in the sale and distribution of FOKP publications to all existing and potential vendors
- Perform other related duties as required
NOTE: The above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Digital communications including websites, social media, and e-newsletters
- Experience with consistent marketing messages on social media platforms
- E-commerce, retail sales, and cash handling procedures
- Killarney Provincial Park and associated natural and cultural resources
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
Accommodation will be available if needed (housing in Killarney Park, a short 5-minute walk from the building).
Please note that this position allows 50% of the work to be done remotely and 50% in person.