Website Northern 911
With over 60 years of experience, Northern911 has the foundation to deliver innovative, high quality, customized services to our North American client base. Our core business is helping people in their times of need. It’s what we do all day, every day.
Emergency Response Specialist
EMERGENCY SERVICES CLASSIFICATION
Northern911 is seeking to fill both full-time and part-time positions in the role of Emergency Response Specialist. The starting wage for this position is $19.08. You will be reporting to the Emergency Services Manager or their designate and you will be responsible for handling high quality, customized services in the areas of Enhanced 911 (E911), Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) 911, Fire Dispatch, Vehicular Telematics, and GPS Monitoring across the continent according to company policy and procedures. This entails accurately answering emergency calls and down streaming them to the appropriate agencies or alerting the volunteer Firefighters. All information must be accurate and comply with client instructions, training and station policy and procedures. Our customers are our most important asset, you must maintain the utmost in professionalism, customer service and courtesy towards callers, clients, potential clients, supervisors and co-workers. Our work environment can be stressful; however, it is extremely rewarding.
- Ability to work rotating shifts 24/7/365
- Fluent verbal and written skills in English and Bilingualism an asset
- Above average ability to do more than one thing at a time (multi-tasking abilities)
- Answer Emergency Services VoIP 911 calls
- Answer Emergency Services/Fire emergency lines
- Create appropriate documentation
- Maintain confidentiality of private information
- Provide assistance to co-workers when needed
- Ability to type 30 – 60 words per minute
- Criminal record check
- Meet spelling, grammar and comprehension requirements from employment test
- Proficient use of computers and telephones
- Previous experience in emergency or customer service is an asset
- Handle stressful and emotionally charged situations
- Ability to retain emotional control, honesty and productivity
- Work independently in a team environment
- Must have reliable transportation to meet shift requirements.
Salary for both Full Time and Part Time as outlined in the collective agreement
- Your starting wage will be $19.08/hour
- Annual Raises
- $1.00/hour graveyard premium
Why Northern 911?
- Fully paid training
- Health Benefits Plan (Full-time)
- Matched Pension Plan (Full-time)
- Continuing Education Funding
- Free Parking
- Free Voice Mail Account
- Free residential alarm monitoring
- Employee Incentives…
- And much, much more…
Northern911 is an equal opportunity employer, we thank all those who submit their resumes, and we will contact those candidates who best fit the requirements of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PermanentSalary Rate: 19.08
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org