Website KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
(1) CONTRACT POSITION – Up to 18 Months
The Executive Assistant provides administration support exclusive to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team including Corporate Management responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Executive Assistant diploma or related diploma or degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar position in a First Nations social service agency
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Governance operations including administrative responsibilities required of a Non-Profit Corporation.
- Possess knowledge, respect and sensitivity to Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well-being.
- The ability to speak Anishinaabemowin.
- Knowledge of First Nation family structures and culture.
- Demonstrated and significant front-line experience in working with First Nation communities.
- Ability to develop and provide leadership, guidance, motivation and vision to the management and staff of the Agency to ensure a professional standard of services to the First Nation communities, families and children.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient to work under pressure.
- Must have a high level of professionalism to ensure confidentiality.
- Must possess strong organization, evaluation, problem solving skills, decision making ability and attention to detail are all equally important.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and possess own vehicle.
- Must be willing to authorize a “Criminal Record Search” and sign an “Oath of Confidentiality.”
PLEASE REVIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS ON OUR WEBSITE www.kgcfs.org/employment
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential: Executive Assistant”. Application must include a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, cultural participation and volunteerism.
Applications are accepted by the deadline date via regular mail, in person or email at:
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P2J0
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com