Reporting to Manager, the General Ledger Specialist (GL) is responsible for assisting the finance manager with general accounting duties, and the A/P and A/R clerks with overflow of daily duties. The GL specialist also maintain the client information in invoicing interface.
- Set up new clients’ information in invoicing interface, invoice reporting system (IRS), and Accpac
- Ensure accuracy of client rates, applicable taxes and broker fees
- Maintain and reconcile Trust bank accounts on daily and monthly basis.
- Create issued and clearing cheque files for Trust bank account
- Reconcile and balance invoiced claims to paid claims on bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Reconcile and balance invoiced commission to paid commission on bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Balance prepaid liability, capital asset and accumulated amortization schedules to the corresponding General Ledger accounts for month end
- Prepare the month end import and assist in preparation of the departmental statements
- Provide assistance to the accounts payable and receivable on a regular basis
- Maintain and process amendments for each Insurer/ASO customer, cross check interface amendments to caps profiles and update information includes contacts and addresses, administration fees, broker names and commission rates
- Set up and maintain travel assist premium rate in the premium system and ensure accuracy of data within the system.
- Responsible for tax remittance for federal and provincial taxes and verify through the general ledger listings the accuracy of balances
- Process and transfer AR and AP EFT payment files in TD website
- Assist the manager in the annual budget process and the year-end process
- Manual audits for new clients and rate changes
- Perform other duties as assigned to support ClaimSecure
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Community College Graduation: 3-year program with preferred requirement of other vocational or professional certification
- Two to three years relevant experience
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Accpac for Windows
- Knowledge of commonly-used Accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works under immediate supervision of Manager
Context and Environment:
- Office Environment with good working conditions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, hear, speak, and maintain visual acuity
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written)
- Ability to work within a team and to influence best practice as part of a team.
- Respond to customer inquiries in the absence of AR and AP representative
- Proven effectiveness in time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Self-starter who is capable of working with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and strong interpersonal skills
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org