Website Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
(2) Full- Time Permanent Position
Salary: $49,572 – $60,967
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant (HRAA) is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Team. The HRAA will be required to both take direction and work intuitively to support the completion of the agency’s goals and objectives. The HRAA will work in a professionally and culturally appropriate manner that is consistent and cognizant of the KGCFS philosophy and local Anishinabek customs and traditions.
- An accredited college diploma in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant administrative position in a First Nations social service agency.
- Previous experience in the delivery of human resource is an asset.
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and is a definite asset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains the employee electronic personnel files by participating in HR scanning projects, receiving, and uploading all documents required to be obtained within the personnel files and required for pension and benefits enrollment
- Coordination of recruitment through completion of postings, receiving and responding to employment inquiries and preparing screening and interview packages through coordination with the interview panels
- Responding to employee HR inquiries and triage items to the required HR/Finance team members that are not within the direct role of the HRAA
- Receive requests for completion of correspondence for and as requested by employees for Supervisory review
- Complete the full on-boarding requirements and initial orientation of new employees along with off-boarding processes including completion of exit interviews
- Complete audit checklists of all HR and personnel files maintained and respond accordingly
- Assist in development and distribution of new Job Descriptions, Interview templates and updating of HR documents and processes
- Participate in HR projects and work with various team members as required relative to improving efficiencies and transition to new systems and processes
- Maintain a performance database to ensure performance appraisals are tracked, uploaded, scheduled, and completed as required.
- Participate in communication and promotion of EAP (Employee Assistance Program) and cultural supports available to employees
- Maintain the Human Resource database system to ensure all HR documents are completed as required and HR forms and documents are updated in accordance with required timeframes
- Ensure that the strictest of confidentiality and need to know level of confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Understands and adheres to all Agency policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor
Deadline: OPEN RECRUITMENT
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –HR Administrative Assistant – Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers.
Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax at
Human Resources – Confidential
HR Administrative Assistant – Sudbury
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com