Website Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
HUMAN RESOURCES LEGAL MANAGER
Full- Time Permanent Position
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the Human Resources Legal Manager is responsible to utilize legal counsel experience and education in the following areas: human resources, labour relations, administrative supports, and organizational development activities of Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services and ensuring the strategies of these areas of responsibility are aligned with the business objectives of the agency. Human Resources Legal Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team and a resource to the Board and its Committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree, L.L.B. or Juris Doctor, combined with a minimum of two to three years’ experience of law practice.
- Advanced knowledge of legislation governing human resources and labour relations such as the EmploymentStandards Act, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act etc.
- A solid understanding of and sensitivity to the experiences of First Nation and Indigenous peoples of Canada, and the impact of the legacy of Residential Schools and “Sixties Scoop” upon them is essential.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable motor vehicle with appropriate liability insurance is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Human Resource Strategic Plan
- Participates in strategic planning including service planning, human resource planning, and budget preparation activities that are reviewed in line with Ministry funding allocations.
- Monitors service levels and quarterly data reports to adjust the human resource plan as required.
- Ensures all necessary human resource policies, programs, and procedures are developed and implemented in accordance with relevant legislation and best human resources practices.
- Serves as a legal resource to senior management team on human resource issues and initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and manages an appropriate employee recognition program.
- Ensures the appropriate maintenance and security of Human Resources Employee data including the integrity of data in the HRIS/information management systems, in consultation with IT, as appropriate.
- Ensures consistent application of all compensation and benefits policies and practices across the agency.
- Interpret benefits policies, counsel on issues, and undertake interventions, as required.
- Provides legal expertise, support, and advice to all organizational levels on matters related to labour legislation and labour relations practices.
- Manages the administration of the grievance and grievance resolution process including culturally appropriate mechanism in conflict resolution.
- Oversees the completion of WSIB and Long-Term Disability forms, liaises with insurance representatives, finance team members, and maintains close contact with injured workers.
- Develops and implements return to work plans for injured workers.
- Ensures agency compliance with all health and safety related legislation, regulations, and directives.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package, and OMERS pension plan. Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Legal Assistant – Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax, or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
Child Well Being Worker – Sudbury/Island
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com