Website Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
The In Home Child and Youth Worker is responsible for sharing the duties of a caregiver for children and youth within a culturally respective home. The In Home Child and Youth Worker will implement behavioral programming, provide support services and life skills coaching all while creating a safe environment. The In Home Child and Youth Worker will provide opportunities to nurture secure attachment, develop the children and youth’s capacity to regulate their own emotions, and foster youth to become resilient, healthy individuals all while working within the Child Youth and Family Services Act, Ministry Act, Ministry Standards, Agency Policies and Procedures and First Nation Community Codes of Conduct.
- Social Services Diploma or a related diploma in Human Services
- TCI Training preferred
- One (1) year experience in a Social Services Agency or a residential setting working directly with children and youth
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working with Aboriginal people, organizations and communities
- Respect for, sensitivity towards as well as knowledge and understanding of Anishnawbek culture, traditions and the Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Ability to understand and speak Anishnaabemowin is a definite asset
- Must provide a Criminal Records Check deemed satisfactory by the employer
- Must have a Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel
- Must have $1M automobile insurance coverage
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services has been in operation for over 30 years. We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. JOIN A GROWING AND DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION OFFERING REWARDING CAREERS, COMPETITIVE SALARIES, BENEFITS, OMERS PENSION AND A GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS COMMITTED TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
Please submit a job-related resume and cover letter along with three work related references by:
This posting will be open until filled.
Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
210B Gran Street, Batchewana First Nation, ON P6A 0C4
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants. Self-Identification is encouraged. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A full job description is located on our website at www.nog.ca
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org