Website Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
Under the supervision of the Information Technology Administrator, the incumbent is responsible for updating, developing, and maintaining the Agency’s databases, networks, internet security systems, and telephone system. The incumbent will provide orientation and training as part of onboarding process as well as offboarding of employees. This position will also provide administrative support to track, order, and set up IT equipment to meet the needs of Agency. All KGCFS employees are expected to participate and respect the Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well-being as part of adhering to the agency’s mission statement, vision statement, and service principles.
· Assist with and maintains the database system and security software utilized on the network (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Windows 10, could printing, and Solar Winds) by adding new users, maintaining E-mail lists, and establishing appropriate rights and privileges.
· Maintain and support Remote Access, Internet security and Virtual Private Networks.
· Assist with the regular backup of files stored on the network and coordinate recovery efforts as required.
· Assist in research and evaluation of software and hardware that are fiscally responsible and promote enhanced functioning of the system in terms of financial, service, and human resources departments.
· Assist IT administrator in procuring quotes for any hardware/software required for agency.
· Prepare invoices and electronic filing system on behalf of the IT administrator.
· Maintain, configure, and support telephone systems working in collaboration with appropriate vendors.
· Maintain and complete agency inventory.
· Responsible for the systematic control and care of all agency IT assets.
· Attends training hosted by the supervisor, follows the procedure manuals, and advises supervisor of any changes to the manuals that need to be completed.
· Participate in OACAS, ITNG, ANCFSAO forums as required.
· Attend regular IT team meetings, providing input on issues and concerns.
· On-boarding and off-boarding.
· Prepare and provide orientation and training for Agency personnel on the use of designated software and services and case management programs (e.g. Microsoft programs. Frontline etc.)
- Ensure staff follow agency terms set out in the agency and IT policy.
· University degree, college diploma, or certificates equivalent, specializing in Computer Science or a related field.
· Minimum 1-3 years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field.
· The employer reserves the right to waive the required qualifications in the event of other exceptional qualifications or experience.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Information Technology Specialist”. Include in your application a
cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers.
Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify). Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.Salary Rate: Not stated
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com