This position is posted until filled.
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing clinical and Specialized Services supervision, support, guidance, and evaluation to assigned staff. The Specialized Services team will include and not be limited to specialized youth services, foster, and customary care recruitment coordination, Family Finding services, and family support services such as Family Counsellor, Family Team Gathering, and cultural services, The Specialized Services Supervisor will apply all KGCFS service principles within agency coordination and planning related to service planning for the children and families served by Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services.
The Specialized Services Supervisor provides leadership, guidance, coaching, mentoring, support, and regular supervision. The supervisor supervises and coordinates the efforts of the team and ensures their efforts are in alignment with the agency’s strategic planning, policies, and procedures.
· Bachelor of Social Work Degree or a Bachelor level degree in a related discipline deemed appropriate.
· At least (3) years of successful employment experience within a child welfare environment with progressive levels of responsibility, including (2) years of in front-line service delivery of Child Welfare Services.
· Experience in the delivery of First Nation Child and Family Services is preferred and working with community service systems to serve youth with complex needs.
· Comprehensive experience in Child Welfare Frontline Case Management systems and Child Welfare recordings.
· Experience in new services program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation
· Experience in-service program proposal development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Expert knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, Child Protection Standards, Ministry of Children and Youth Services Regulations, Guidelines and Policy Directives, Case Management and Supervision requirements particularly concerning the delivery of Child and Family Services.
· Expert knowledge of Indigenous history, legislative rights, First Nation community models, and holistic and Indigenous models of healing and wellness.
· Expert knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service development and delivery; and the communities and family structure specifically concerning local First Nation customs and traditions.
· The traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time there can be exposure to wood smoke, and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
· Must be willing to comply with KGCFS COVID 19 Vaccination Policy
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org to review the job description.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Specialized Services Supervisor”. Include in your application: a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment-related from recent employers.
Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
SPECIALIZED SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
At KGCFS We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify). Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check, and Driver’s Abstract.Salary Rate: 81147
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com