After Hours Youth Outreach Worker
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs, and customs. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify in your application.)
Under the direction of the Specialized Services Supervisor, the After Hours Youth Outreach Worker is responsible for promoting engagement of at-risk youth served through the Voluntary Youth Services Agreement (VYSA) and Continued Care and Support for Youth (CCSY) outside of regular business hours.
· Minimum college level diploma is required with Child and Youth Worker Diploma is preferred. A diploma or degree in a related field in combination with related experience may be considered.
· Experience in working within an Anishinabe Child and Family Well-Being Services is preferred or proven experience in working with Anishinabek people.
· An individual of Anishinaabe ancestry is preferred with genuine understanding and lived experiences of Anishinaabe worldviews, traditions, customs, and practices.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
· Must possess knowledge, respect, and sensitivity of the Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping Anishinabe families strengthen and achieve Mino Bimaadizowin (living the good life) through healthy level of well-being.
· Expert knowledge of Anishinabe history and oppression including colonization, government interventions including federal and provincial laws, jurisdictions, policies, and effects to Anishinabek.
· Comprehension of at-risk youth-related issues, such as addictions, gender orientation/identity, peer/social culture, human development, violence, teen pregnancy, gangs.
· The ability to speak the Anishinaabe language is a definite asset
· Knowledge and understanding of harm reduction philosophy and working strategies.
· Knowledge of and sensitivity to the life experiences and needs of the youth community combined with previous youth outreach and/or community development experience
· Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time-to-time exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage, or cedar, may occur.
· Must be willing to comply by KGCFS COVID 19 Vaccination Policy.
pplicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –After Hours Youth Outreach Worker –Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers.
Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by website, email, and fax at
Human Resources – Confidential
AFTER HOURS YOUTH OUTREACH WORKER – Sudbury
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
KGCFS We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request. Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Salary Rate: 43680
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com