Website https://twitter.com/KGCFS/status/1412395093718355969 Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
Full Time Pending/Conditional on Multi-year Funding
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager and Executive Director, the Funding Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, controlling and monitoring of the member organization’s financial management and program evaluation(s) related to Department of Indigenous Services Canada, Jordan’s Principle, and Child Welfare Reform. Under the direction of the Manager(s), the Funding Specialist provides support in all aspects of fund development writing with an emphasis on researching new fund development opportunities, preparing and writing funding and grant proposals for new and existing funding opportunities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, Honours of Bachelor Accounting, Business Administration or Commerce degree
· Five (5) years experience in financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Awareness of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Employment Standards Act.
· Working knowledge of CICA standards for “Not for Profit Accounting”.
· Working knowledge of the Ministry of Community and Family and Children’s Services.
· Awareness of the Child Welfare sector is preferred.
· Functional familiarity with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll procedures and practices.
· Knowledge of office administration and basic bookkeeping procedures.
· Working knowledge of related financial systems software (e.g. AccPac, Penlieu – Finance Module, Easy Pay for Windows, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Replicon, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and Power Business Intelligence.
· Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office software including Excel (spreadsheets, pivot tables), PowerPoint (graphics), and Word.
CULTURAL COMPONENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
· The traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time there can be exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, or cedar, may occur within the work setting
· Must be willing to comply with the KGCFS COVID 19 Policy
· Must be willing to travel to Manitoulin Island as required.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefits package, and an OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Funding Specialist”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment-related from recent employers. Please include in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation. Applications are preferred by email at:
Human Resources – Confidential
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
At KGCFS we are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment following the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. KGCSF services are based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check, and Driver’s Abstract.
This is open until filled recruitment.Salary Rate: 70,480-$86,680
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org