Website https://twitter.com/KGCFS/status/1412395093718355969 Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
The incumbent will be skilled in writing and running SQL to find data quality issues in KGCFS’ data, but also will be able to take those findings and recommend corrections to the data team/council, and on approval, to make those changes in the front-end systems. The Data Analyst position will combine the role of a data steward (35%) and a data manager (65%). The incumbent will have sound technical knowhow around a relational database like a data manager, but also will be able to use those findings to quantifiably increase the quality of the organization’s data by making corrections to the data, like a data steward.
Education and Experience
• College diploma, University degree, or 3 years equivalent work experience in data;
• 3-5 years experience in data quality as a data manager, with a strong ability to analyze data;
• 3-5 years experience in data quality as a data steward, identifying critical data elements and co-defining data quality metrics and thresholds for those critical data elements, as well as identifying and correcting data quality issues by means of these findings.
• Data quality process development experience;
• Data quality policy development experience;
• Experience in SQL;
• Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP);
• Technical writing – the ability to create structured reports, highlighting how data varies from the data quality rules that have been defined for each data element, and to thus formally document results as part of the audit record.
• The traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time there can be exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Data Analyst”. Include in your application
a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers.
Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax or in person, at:
Human Resources – Confidential
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
At KGCFS we are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment following the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify).
Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com