Website https://twitter.com/KGCFS/status/1412395093718355969 Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
- Reports to Property Administrator on status of each property (ie; areas of building/facility conditions, fire and electrical concerns, property maintenance/renovations).
- Proactively anticipates needs/issues and provides solutions.
- Attends Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) meetings and participates in the agency JOHSC process.
- Participates with Emergency Planning exercises in collaboration with Health and Safety.
- Assists in the monthly Health and Safety inspections, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Regularly inspects building structures and properties to identify defective components to ensure any potential hazards are corrected, repaired, or eliminated.
- Addresses any property damages relating to office sites, transition homes, and vehicles.
- Performs or schedules repairs, adjustments, or component replacements when required as directed or arising from health and safety inspection recommendations.
- Completes minor maintenance/upkeep tasks for any office sites and/or coordinate repairs.
- Works with building owners to address areas in need of maintenance (ie; electrical, mechanical, plumbing, water, etc.)
- Ensure that KGCFS property and building maintenance requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Supervises contractors while they are conducting repairs.
- Liaises with contractors/service providers to arrange lawn maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, garbage disposal and any other maintenance related contracts (ie; pest control).
- Ensure walkways are clear, salted or sanded in winter months, prepares facilities for workday prior to work time when required.
- Oversees vehicle fleet maintenance records and schedules, ensures vehicle documentation is updated and vehicle booking system functions efficiently.
- Maintains a system of inventory/control and asset inventory tracking for KGCFS property (ie; chairs, desks, equipment etc.).
- Helps with researching quotes and other information for minor/regular maintenance and capital projects as directed by the Property Administrator.
- Maintains a system of tracking for invoices, PAF’s, Purchase Orders and completing submissions.
- Prepares and files the PAFS for signature for approval by Property Administrator.
- Develops a routine maintenance program for transition homes with respect to air system maintenance, furnace filter maintenance, Pest Control Services, and exterior window cleaning.
- Assists with janitorial supplies and makes certain sites are maintained and stocked.
- Coordinates Shredding Service and update calendar for scheduled site visits.
- Performs keypad entry support for KGCFS personnel.
- Organizes office moves and/or relocation of office furniture or equipment.
- Assists with program related events as required in the coordination, pick-up/delivery set up (ie; cultural events, AGM, community requests, etc.)
- Provides constructive feedback, report to Property Administrator.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the property building operations and systems.
- Knowledge of building mechanical systems, fire systems and other major building components.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn relevant legislation Ontario Building Code, Fire Protection Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Act to develop and/or enhance skills and confidence with building systems.
- Working knowledge of software (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Replicon, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office software including Excel (spreadsheets, pivot tables), Power Point (graphics), and Word.
- Ability to maintain appropriate safeguards for the confidentiality of Agency and client information.
- Awareness of the need to handle confidential issues sensitively.
- Experience in accounting and budgeting, in relation to maintenance and buildings systems.
- Strong mathematic and documentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to prepare narrative and statistical reports.
- Maturity and confidence when dealing with difficult issues or conflict.
- Ability to develop positive and professional relationships using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive communication, cooperation and team working skills.
- Strong motivation and open and positive attitude.
Assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong organization and time management skills, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to construct, execute and continuously update an annual work plan.
- Excellent planning and organization, problem-solving, decision-making, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in communication and customer focus.
- Punctual, reliable and must have strong communication skills.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical skills.
- Maintain a strong relationship with key groups.
- Possessing project management skill, analytical skill.
- Motivational and communication skill.
- Focused and highly organized.
- Self-motivated, forward-thinking, strong character and smart thinking.
- Organized, methodical and accurate.
- Understanding role and responsibility in maintaining a safe workplace and preventing workplace injuries.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Can sit/stand for extended period utilized in front of computer.
- The position may require working some overtime hours to attend meetings during specific periods of the Finance Department Peak Cycle Periods such as the Annual Audit, Budget Preparations, and Quarterly Reporting.
- Acting in accordance with relevant legislation and Agency Policies and Standards and Procedures
- Knowledge of the Kina Gbezhgomi Programs & Services and Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Proposing changes within Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family
- Services that would improve the quality of service to Anishinabek children, families, and communities.
- Developing and maintaining respectful cooperative working relationships that will contribute to the integrated, seamless delivery of services to Anishinabek children, families, and communities.
- Reflecting and interpreting the Agency Vision, Mission and Core Values in his/her own work with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, provide proof of insurance, provide drivers abstract and be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to authorize a “Criminal Record Search” and sign a “Declaration Oath of Confidentiality.”
- Must be willing to carry and agency cell phone, IT equipment, drive agency vehicle as needed.
- Must be willing to work remotely.
- A minimum of a two (2) year college diploma in Administration, Building Maintenance or related field of study is required.
Salary Rate: Salary Not Available
Hours Per Week: 35
Start date: 2021-08-10
Phone Number: (705) 370-2100
Contact Name: Human Resources
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org