Customary Care Team Assistant
The Team Assistant works under the supervision of the Legal Counsel to support the Customary Care Team and is responsible for the duties as outlined herein.
· Must possess a 2-year Business related Diploma from an accredited college and/or another diploma in a discipline deemed appropriate for the position.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position in a First Nations social service agency.
· Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services respects and recognizes that a First Nation community member may possess the necessary skills with ongoing training and educational planning may fulfill the requirements of the position
· Direct frontline experience within the child welfare field is deemed an asset.
· Possess a valid standard First Aid/CPR certificate or be willing to obtain one.
· Have a class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License, access to a personal vehicle, and be able to travel.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of The Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017 (CYFSA), Ontario Child Protection Standards, Ministry of Children and Youth Services Regulations, Ontario Indigenous Children and Youth Strategy, Guidelines and Policy Directives
· Firm understanding of the functioning and dynamics of Anishinaabe families and childcare principles.
· Essential knowledge and ability to operate a variety of computer programs for purposes of electronic recording, filing, and documentation, i.e. – Microsoft Word, Internet, E-mail, the familiarity with computerized case management systems (i.e. – Pen Lieu), etc.
· Must possess knowledge, respect, and sensitivity to Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well-being.
· Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time-to-time exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage, or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
- Must be willing to comply with KGCFS COVID 19 Vaccination Policy
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefits package and an OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Administrative Assistant–Manitoulin/Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers.
Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax at
Human Resources – Confidential
Customary Care Team Assistant
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
KGCFS services are based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify). Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.Salary Rate: 51050
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org