Website https://twitter.com/KGCFS/status/1412395093718355969 Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
Case Aide: Manitoulin Island
Under the supervision of the Service Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible to coordinate and facilitate access visits between children and their family members, providing services on the continuum of access arrangements, and assist staff in providing direct support services to children, youth, and families.
Two (2) year Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker diploma, or other diploma in the social services field from an accredited institution, with relevant experience.
Relevant experience working with children and families, preferably in child welfare and/or social services.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and Ministry standards;
- Good understanding of the agency’s values, service philosophy and objectives;
- Knowledge of child maltreatment, child development, attachment and separation, and family dynamics.
- Demonstrated helping skills to provide assessment, engagement and support services to families and children.
- Demonstrated cultural competency social service work practice within an Anishinaabe Organization;
- Knowledge of evidence based social service work practice;
- Excellent familiarity with community resources;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team;
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning, priority-setting, and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated presentation skills to represent the Agency in the community setting;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills to coordinate effectively with a broad variety of community resources;
- Must have the ability to always maintain confidentiality of Agency and client information.
- Extensive knowledge and proficient competence of computer software.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class “G” Driver’s License and personal insurance coverage with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and to deal with stressful situations;
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients including working with individuals who are dealing with mental health, addiction, and poverty issues.
- Must be willing to participate in the activities, events and circles for the acquisition of cultural competence.
- Must have working knowledge of Anishinaabe culture, customs, traditions, and practices.
- Active participation in the Anishinaabe communities with building knowledge of the teachings from the medicine wheel acquired through personal learning journey will be of significant consideration
- Must be willing to comply by KGCFS COVID 19 Vaccination Policy
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Case Aide Manitoulin”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) must be employment related from recent employers.
Applications are accepted by the deadline date via regular mail, in person or email at:
Human Resources – Confidential
CASE AIDE – MANITOULIN
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
At KGCFS we are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment following the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. KGCSF services are based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.Salary Rate: Salary Range: $49,897 - $61,366
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org