Website https://twitter.com/KGCFS/status/1412395093718355969 Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
Child Well-Being Worker Manitoulin Island
A CWBW provides for the safety and well-being of children in accordance with KGCFS policies and procedures and Ministry Standards. As the successful applicant, the CWBW will work collaboratively with all KGCFS resources, biological and foster parents, extended family, and First Nation communities to ensure that our children are protected and stay connected with their culture, language, and community while strengthening family and community relationships.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must possess an accredited college diploma in a related field of study.
- Preference will be given to those who possess a Bachelor of Social Work Honors Degree or a degree in a related field of study.
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in the delivery of direct, frontline, social service programming targeting children, youth, and families. Experience within an Anishinaabe organization is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act.
- Ability to interpret and apply a wide range of social work practices and Indigenous based methods designed to help families achieve a healthier lifestyle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete case notes and reports in timely manner.
- Exceptional ability to work on a one-to-one basis with Indigenous clientele.
- Participate in the activities, events, and circles for the acquisition of cultural competence.
- Your active participation in the Anishinaabe community especially with building knowledge of the teachings from the medicine wheel will be of significant consideration.
- Have a working knowledge of Anishinaabe culture, customs, traditions, and practices.
- The traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time there can be exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, or cedar, may occur within the work setting
- Must be willing to comply by KGCFS COVID 19 Vaccination Policy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com