Website Wolf Lake Construction
Our Laborers’ are the cornerstone of our operations. They are responsible for safely assisting with our
earthworks projects such as weeping tile installation, foundation repairs, installation of retaining walls,
asphalt driveways, road construction and concrete forming works. During our winter operations, our
laborers’ assist with shoveling, sanding and de-icing our commercial client’s walkways, handicap ramps,
storage areas, entrances, exits, sidewalks, walkways, areas around property signage and hydrants. As
part of our Snow Management Crew they are dedicated to safety above all else. We strive towards a zero
slip and fall season. In the spring, we perform municipal road sweeping and parking lot sweeping.
Keeping the general public safe is paramount.
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Assist with earthwork projects – shoveling, raking, installation of sod, brush cutting, tree cutting,
asphalt installation, etc…
– Assist in parging foundations or weeping tile installation.
– Assist with concrete forming, stair repairs
– Prep work sites
– Clean up work sites and shop (indoors and outdoors)
– Shovel clients properties after snowfalls, freezing rain, meltdown/freeze up conditions
– Apply sand and/or salt in designated areas as required to prevent slips and falls
– Check and fill sand boxes as required
– Report accidents or property damage to Supervisor and office
– Perform routine vehicle cleaning, daily maintenance and safety checks to ensure smooth operation
– Carrying out pre-trip inspections and topping up fluid, fuel etc.
– Adhere to and enforce all organizational polices as documented in Employee Handbook
– Actively recommend new processes and procedures on behalf of improving the company and its
work environment, overall safety, increased productivity and profitability, and enhanced
– Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, to
adopt safety as a culture. Strive towards zero preventable accidents
– Record keeping – time sheets, snow logs, site reports and safety records. Ability to use snow log
– Contribute towards the success of the organization by exchanging information, assist in problem
– Spot additional work, trouble areas
– Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required( snow blower,
skid steer, backhoe, sander, etc)
Required Skills and Attributes:
– Possess a Valid Class G driving license,
– Preference will be given to individuals with construction, and snow shoveling / removal
– Reliable, punctual, possess a positive attitude, and a team player. Must be committed to having
assigned properties ready for 7:00 am start of business during winter operations
– Must be ready & committed to work on short notice at all times
– Ability to work extended hours and have access to a mobile phone and own transportation
– Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines. Ability to work quickly
– Good eye/hand coordination
– Managing assigned tasks efficiently, effectively and under heavy workload/ time constraints.
– Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions
– Ability to work with minimal supervision
Specific Skills Required:
– Enjoy working outdoors
– MUST be able to accommodate our winter snow plowing schedule.
– MUST enjoy challenges and have the ability to adapt to the unpredictability of snow & winter
– Physical ability to handle prolonged shoveling. Heavy lifting required – ability to lift 50 Lbs.
– We clean parking lots at night in order to have businesses running by 7am.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
– Not required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org