Website High Strength Plates and Profiles Inc.
Steel plates to steel parts... from a single supplier
Clean and package steel parts in a team oriented environment, match parts to orders, and put together skids and kits. Make sure customers get the right parts, and the right number of parts, to put together their equipment — you’re the key link before parts get packed up to go out the door. Stay physically active and engaged with a flexible, constantly changing, custom job shop order flow.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform general warehouse duties where required and as instructed.
- Measure, examine and test completed parts to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring tapes, angle finders, micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs as required.
- Prepare and package steel parts/plates for distribution. This can include but not limited to labelling, kitting, color coding, skidding, banding etc according to given instructions.
- Clean and grind steel parts.
- Load and unload machine tables and stations in a safe and efficient manner to facilitate production lead times as directed.
- Required to work bi-weekly shift rotations: 6am-2:30pm and 2:30pm-11:30pm Monday -Thursday and Friday 2:30pm-8:30pm
- At least 2 years of Warehouse experience
- 1-2 years experience working an Overhead Crane is an asset
- Experience working with Steel is an asset and is preferred
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Required to work biweekly shift rotations – 6am -2:30pm and 2:30pm-11:30pm Monday-Thursday and Friday 2:30pm-8:30pm, $1.50/hr night shift premium
Learn about manufacturing processes, steel processing, safe operating procedures, and start building a foundation to advance in your career. This is an entry level position at an established company with many long-term employees and a history of supporting growth from within.Salary Rate: $18-20/hr
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org