Working under limited supervision when supporting assigned service calls, utilizes intermediate skills to perform preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, building systems and equipment, vehicles, and grounds within a geographical area/route potentially across multiple sites. Monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as welding, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling. Must be flexible on schedule.
– Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
– Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repairs, records as required.
– Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks. Utilizes CMMS to manage work orders and track completion.
– Assists with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
– Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC/R.
– Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
– Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC/R, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
– Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC/R, plumbers, and cleaning.
– Supports an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
– Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
– Maintains grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing or snow removal.
– Performs furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
– Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
– Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
– May serve as a mentor to other technicians.
– Report and communicate on a daily basis all work activity via PDA device.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or trade school training.
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks
Possess necessary skills to functionally operate a “full size” van/truck
Licensure as required by Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications
Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
Uses computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Complete at a satisfactory level all required and assigned HSE training
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE related requirements at all times
3. Participate in all HSE related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any condition which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
1. Be aware of and understand all safe work practices and procedures and potential hazards associated with the work environment
2. Maintain and wear at all times required appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
3. Apply appropriate material handling techniques at all times,
4. Only operate warehouse equipment and machinery (e.g. pallet jacks, manlifts, etc.) if properly trained, qualified and authorized to do so
To apply for this job please visit careers.cbre.com.