Full Job Description
At Your Independent Grocer, we are Food Lovers! We are committed to our Colleagues and Customers and work hard to create a culture that allows us to be our authentic selves while working as a Team. We know that clear communication, collaboration and teamwork is the key to having a successful workplace.We’re looking for talented colleagues who are excited about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers and delighting them every step of the way!
Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
- Provide great customer service by assisting with general questions, maintaining a positive environment
- Shop for customers by accurately filling their orders with quality products
- Scan products and process customer transactions accurately using debit, credit, cash and gift cards
- Contact customers to ensure order accuracy or to inquire about product substitutions
- A team player with an attention for detail
- Driven and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and courteous when resolving customer questions
- Motivated to learn new things
- Good news! No previous experience is required. We provide you with training to set you up for success!
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours which may include days, evenings, nights, and weekends
- Able to move up to 50lbs and in constant mobility for an entire shift
At Your Independent Grocer, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.
How to apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com and indicate in the subject the position you are applying for.