Finlandia Village- Finlandia Nursing Home Limited
Under the direction of registered nursing staff, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides personal care to residents to promote the comfort, safety, and quality of life of the residents of Finlandia Nursing Home. The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will also ensure that the standards of care align with the vision, mission, and performance standards of Finlandia Nursing Home.
Some Key Responsibilities
· Duties include, but aren’t limited to bathing, skin care, toileting, mouth care, dressing and undressing, assistance with meals, assisting residents to eat, assistance with hygiene including shaving, nail, and hair care. The PSW provides physical assistance to residents as required.
· Under direction performs selected procedures such as weight collection and recording, ostomy care, collecting specimens. Reports all findings to registered staff.
· Assists in the maintenance of a clean, safe environment. Some typical activities include: making beds and cleaning bedside units, collecting and bagging soiled linen for dispatch to laundry, sorting and storing clean linen and resident’s laundry, emptying bedpans, removal of unsafe objects, etc.
· Consults with and informs supervisor of home area activities, needs, and problems related to resident care.
· Assists in providing nursing rehabilitation/restorative care for residents; assists with ambulation, nutritional needs, palliative care, and other programs as they are required.
· Encourages participation in life enrichment programs by preparing residents for and assisting them to and from activities and if able will participate in the program with the residents.
· Assists with admission, discharge, and transfer of residents.
· Provides emotional and social support to residents and family members.
· Assist in the cleaning and maintenance and proper care of nursing equipment.
· Participates in resident care conferences and committees as required.
· Documents resident care activities in accordance with the home’s policy.
· Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance/risk management safety, environment, infection control, and Accreditation standards.
· Participates in and supports research initiatives at the home in conjunction with community partners to maximize the quality of care provided to our residents.
· Attends and actively participates in workshops, in-services, and training sessions and shares new information with peers and staff.
· Supports student placements and assists with mentoring, proving feedback as needed.
· Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the Finlandia Village Health and Safety Manual and Finlandia’s Resident Safety Policies.
· Personal Support Worker Certificate or
· Nursing Program: 1 year (Required)
· Valid CPR Certificate
· Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) is considered an asset
· Finnish language skills are considered an asset
· Prolonged standing and walking
· Regular lifting and moving residents, equipment and supplies
· Repeated squatting. Exposure to all resident care elements through regular resident contact
· Regular stress associated with dealing with resident care needs and time pressures
· Frequent use of visual and auditory senses in monitoring conditions of residents during care
If you would like to join a well-respected organization that has built a tradition of developing mutually rewarding relationships with our residents, employees, and the community we serve, please submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest and invite applications from persons with disabilities. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please advise at the time of contact if accommodations are required for your interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $20.08 per hour
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
To keep our staff and residents safe we will continue to screen all staff, residents, volunteers, students, contractors, and visitors. Provide PPE, clean and disinfect surfaces and follow infection control practices.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org