One Eleven Seniors Incorporated
JOB POSTING for PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The Board of One Eleven Seniors Incorporated is seeking a program director who knows how to plan and organize activities for seniors and enjoys working with this age group. He or she will be responsible for administrative tasks including managing budgets. As the public face of the centre, the program director will represent the organization in a positive way in the community and within the multipurpose complex of St. Andrew’s Place.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Ensure programs are fun, engaging, and meaningful and address health, wellness, and safety for seniors
- Coordinate weekly activities (e.g., bingo, fitness classes, music, crafts, entertainment)
- • Coordinate special events or fundraisers
- Manage budgets, and ensure the financial viability of the organization. Share annual report with funders including St. Andrew’s Place Board
- Explore appropriate funding sources
- Maintain records
- Hold monthly meetings with One Eleven Seniors Board of Directors; Place Board representative attends
- Prepare and host an Annual General Meeting
- Have solid communication skills including basic computer skills, for writing reports, grant applications, bulletins, media releases, etc.
- Coordinate, vet and train volunteers
- Have conflict resolution skills
- Identify operational issues and implement solutions
- Ensure the organization adheres to federal, provincial, local laws and regulations
- Work collaboratively with families of members, Luxor staff, St. Andrew’s Place Board and with St. Andrew’s United Church staff and volunteers
- Know the mission of St. Andrew’s Place and of St. Andrew’s United Church and understand the history and close relationship
- Know emergency procedures, whom to contact and how
- First Aid training an asset: cardiopulmonary resuscitation; automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Fluency in both English and French an asset
Salary and Hours
35 hours per week
Ability to work flexible hours, e.g., occasional evenings
$18 per hour
Qualified applicants should provide a resumé to illustrate education, experience and references.
Send expressions of interest to the One Eleven Seniors Inc. Board of Directors, attention to the Hiring Committee.
Email email@example.com and St. Andrew’s Place Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to the Luxor office, main lobby of St. Andrew’s Place, 111 Larch Street.Salary Rate: $18/hr
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com