At Aecon, we’re building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We’re always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Aecon Industrial brings seamless solutions to key clients through operational excellence and reliability. With the ability to self-perform across our diverse business offering and a strategic fabrication network, Aecon Industrial proactively and profitably manages projects across a diverse range of industrial business areas. (Renewable Energy, Natural Gas Distribution, Oil and Gas, Water, Mining, Cogeneration Energy, Chemical, etc.).
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Administrator is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks and responsibilities for the site team using strong organizational and communication while maintaining confidentiality.
This is a temporary contract, project-based position in Greater Sudbury, ON
– Performs administrative duties for job sites ensuring all documentation regarding timesheets, equipment usage and all personnel related allowances are transferred to Accounting daily or weekly as required
– Learns, interprets and applies organizational policies, rules and regulations
– Establishes accounts with local suppliers for miscellaneous items for site
– Establishes and dismantles site offices as required
– Maintains an organized filing system on site
– Requisition purchase orders and process AP invoices
– Processes employee’s payroll daily
Required Knowledge and Experience
– Post-secondary education preferred
– Must possess 2 + years of office related experience with knowledge of purchasing, accounts payable and payroll. Basic accounting knowledge is required.
– Knowledge of union agreements is considered an asset
– Intermediate level of computer skills in MS Word and MS Excel
– Experience with SAP is an asset
– Strong communication skills, ability to deal tactfully with employees, visitors and customers
– Training in Safety and experience in the construction industry is an asset
– Must be a team player, be able to work independently and prioritize work load
Aecon has every intention of fostering diversity within and across our organization. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aecon.com.