Ainsworth is one of Canada’s leading integrated multi-trade companies providing high-quality technical trades services.
The Junior Project Manager is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering programs and projects of varying size and complexity, with a primary responsibility to oversee the execution and ultimately the completion of projects. This role will participate in program and project planning, scheduling, organizing and controlling delivery activities, and ongoing governance and reporting activities. The Junior Project Manager will manage projects of small to medium size. The position supports all project management processes and procedures required by various corporate projects. The Junior Project Manager also provides overall support to several Project and Operational Managers, according to the relative priority of projects around the office and region.
Project Management and Project Management Support:
- Creates and maintains project schedules for own projects and on behalf of other program and project managers
- Coordinates with functional operations leaders for field resources
- Provides input on drafting and issuing project proposals, RFP’s, budgets, cash flows, preliminary schedules, and presentations
- Produces and distributes all project data as required
- Collects and centralizes documentation related to the project (e.g. regular status reports, time sheets, expense claims, etc.)
- Responds to stakeholders’ need for information
- Prepares project status reports resulting from regular governance review meetings
- Monitors and reports on issues and risks associated with the targets and milestones of the project, and suggests and manages risk mitigation actions
- Updates of risk registers, issue logs and decision logs and assists program and project managers with these tasks
- Effectively and accurately communicates relevant project information to the project team
- Prepares project organization and communication charts
- In the absence of the project managers, ensures project continuity by maintaining contact with stakeholders to ensure progress towards project milestones. May be required to represent the manager at team meetings
- Issues Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc. at the direction of the project managers
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the project managers on Contractor quotations, and helps the Business’s Finance and Project administration team(s) and ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures
- Uses project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Tracks the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines and trades
- Keeps stakeholders informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Maintains project documentation repository focusing on quality and version control
- Maintains Contract Execution Tracking Log
- Reviews field inspection reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project, and flags important issues (e.g., late deliverables, budget status, missing status reporting, etc.)
- Tracks and manages contemplated change notices and change orders
- Prepares substantial completion certificates and ensures all required project close out documents are obtained
- Assists program and project managers with the scheduling of meetings, workshops, and other activities both internal and external to the business unit
- Prepares meeting facilities, materials and logistics; plans and prepares meeting agendas, and assists with the coordination of the participants
- Attends meetings, documents and distributes minutes to all project team members as required, performs follow-up on commitments and action items, proactively identifies risks related to timelines for critical path items, identifying task scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Monitors and manages the project’s critical path, including the scheduling and completion of specific deliverables and assists the program and project managers with these tasks
- Ensure that all corporate policies are followed. This includes but is not limited to Expenses, Health & Safety, etc.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Education and Experience
- Trade certification and asset
- Business management diploma/ degree and asset
- Effective customer service as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; Excel is essential.
- Demonstrated coordination, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work within a fast-paced environment, and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate field technical employees and subcontractors.
To Appy please visit our application page.