The YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is a dynamic charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of communities by offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. The YMCA is pleased to announce the expansion of Woodland, Early Learning Child Care Centre in partnership with the Near North District School Board as well as the opening of Our Lady of Sorrows, Early Learning Child Care in partnership with the Nipissing – Parry Sound Catholic District School Board. To learn more about our programs and services offered please visit ymcaneo.ca
We are currently looking for Registered Early Childhood Educators to join our team of committed professionals. These full-time positions within the Association are at St Francis YMCA Childcare. Under the leadership the Supervisor of Child Care, the Registered Early Childhood Educator will ensure the delivery of a high-quality, educational, play-based programming for children from infancy to 12 years of age, as well as ensure the overall health, safety and well-being of the children. This job also embraces the YMCA Mission, Vision and Values, adhere to the YMCA Policies, Procedures, Best Practices as well as the Child Care Early Years Act, 2014 and Municipal Quality Assurance Program, as well as Public Health and local Fire Department.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Equivalent as approved by the Ministry
- Membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators in good standing
- Professional working experience with children and youth (minimum of 6 months)
- Current Standard First Aid with Infant and Child CPR (Level C) *Recognized by the WSIB
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 • Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Child Development is an asset
- Health Assessment from Medical Professional and Immunizations Record
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ensure safe, secure, organized and clean environments and play spaces
- Prepare weekly programming plans that promote early learning
- Ensure all programming meets the YMCA’s National Curriculum needs
- Observe, assess and record the skills, abilities, interests and needs of the children through written documentation, and open communication with families and approved community partners
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with all families and community partners
**This position may be entitled to a Ministry of Education Wage Enhancement Grant (WEG) of up to an additional $2.00/hour for qualifying positions within a licensed child care program at the YMCA. The YMCA submits an application annually for all entitled positions. The WEG is approved by the local Municipality and Ministry of Education, and is a government initiative to enhance the wages of child care educators. The WEG is not guaranteed by the YMCA, and can be withdrawn by the Ministry of Education.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, send us your cover letter and resume by September 16, 2019 to the attention of:
PERSONNEL COMMITTEE | EMAIL: email@example.com
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references. YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.Salary Rate: $45,760 - $49,920 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org