Website Finlandia Village
Reporting to the Director of Care or designate the Registered Nurse is responsible for the effective management of staff, delivery of nursing services, and for ensuring that the standards of care which are consistent with the philosophy, performance standards, and objectives of Finlandia Nursing Home Limited and all relevant federal and provincial regulations including the standards of the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation are met.
Some Key Responsibilities
· Ensures that nursing services provided reflect the mission, values, and performance standards of Finlandia Nursing Home Limited and adhere to the current legislation affecting the practice of nursing.
· Maintains current knowledge relative to nursing and management theory, clinical practice, and nursing research.
· Recognizes health and safety hazards and initiates corrective action.
· Monitors, implements, and assesses adherence to policies and procedures of the nursing home and assists in the development of standards for the nursing department.
· Identifies investigates and effectively deals with unacceptable practice and/or behavior of staff during the performance of duties, at the time it occurs. Discusses this behavior or unacceptable practice with the individual concerned, documents all relevant facts, and reports to the Director of Care or designate.
· Helps to develop nursing home objectives; plans for achievement, works with the Director of Care to implement new programs and ideas as appropriate.
· Is accountable for the delegation of home area responsibilities to other staff members and to follow up at all times ensuring effective and comprehensive nursing care is provided.
· Graduate of an approved Post-Secondary Nursing Program
· Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
· RAI Certification
· Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) Certificate is considered an asset
· PIECES training is considered an asset
· Proven organizational, leadership, communication, critical thinking, health assessment, decision making, and problem-solving skills
· Conflict Management training is considered an asset
· Demonstrated knowledge of the research process evidenced-based nursing and program planning and evaluation
· Finnish speaking skill is considered an asset
If you would like to join a well-respected organization that has built a tradition of developing mutually rewarding relationships with our residents, employees, and the community we serve, please submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest and invite applications from persons with disabilities. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please advise at the time of contact if accommodations are required for your interview.
Shift: Days and Evenings, every other weekend
End Date: September 1, 2021 (maybe extended)
Contract length: 8 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $33.19 per hour
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- 8-hour shift
To keep our staff and residents safe we will continue to screen all staff, residents, volunteers, students, contractors, and visitors. Provide PPE, clean and disinfect surfaces and follow infection control practices.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com