Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) demonstrates competency by using acquired knowledge and skills to make appropriate clinical decisions in the provision of care to residents. The Registered Practical Nurse remains accountable for nursing actions delegated by/to her/him. The Registered Practical Nurse provides supervision and job guidance to the Health Care Aides/Personal Support Workers.
Some Key Responsibilities
· Ensures the provision of quality nursing care through in-service education, supervision, and adherence to the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)/Risk Management Program.
· Effectively acts as a clinical resource.
· Develops and implements present care plans that include a limited range of interventions (i.e. established procedures)
· Ensures that resident care plans and documentation reflect care being provided, and care plans are individualized.
· Communicates with the resident to confirm the validity of statements and assessed resident needs, with the Registered Nurse, and relevant others. Is receptive to concerns expressed by residents and relevant others and passes on information appropriately.
· Systematically and accurately collects and documents information regarding the individual resident’s physical, spiritual, social, and emotional needs.
· Contributes to the individual care plan for each resident and communicates to the health care team.
· Safely and effectively performs the strategies and interventions directed by the care plan.
· Assists with the goal of obtaining or maintaining the optimal level of functioning for each resident.
· Systematically evaluates the effectiveness of individual resident care. Contributes to care plan updates for each resident.
· Graduate of an approved Post-Secondary Nursing Program
· Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
· Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) is considered an asset
· Conflict management skills training is considered an asset
· PIECES training is considered an asset
· Finnish language skills are considered an asset
If you would like to join a well-respected organization that has built a tradition of developing mutually rewarding relationships with our residents, employees, and the community we serve, please submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest and invite applications from persons with disabilities. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Please advise at the time of contact if accommodations are required for your interview.
• Part-time, Casual: Schedule:
• Part-time, Permanent: Schedule:
>8 hours shifts
>Monday to Friday
Salary: From $23.87 per hour
To keep our staff and residents safe we will continue to screen all staff, residents, volunteers, students, contractors, and visitors. Provide PPE, clean and disinfect surfaces and follow infection control practices.
Salary Rate: From $23.87 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org