TPS Marriott Sudbury
POSITION: Room Attendant
DATE LISTED: October 6, 2021 CLOSING DATE: December 18, 2021
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Non-Management
DEPARTMENT: Housekeeping WHEN NEEDED: As soon as possible
WAGE PER HOUR: $15.00 to start PT/FT Part time & full time
SUMMARY: The Room Attendant works with the Executive Housekeeper to attain the cleanliness and guest service standards required by the hotel.
Please be advised that this position does require proof of double vaccination.
· Respond to direct guest requests in an empathetic and timely manner.
· Provide daily cleaning & sanitation per standards, including but not limited to: Public Areas, Guest Rooms, and Public Corridors.
· Complete Evening Service shifts as required.
· Ensure communication of maintenance issues in a timely manner.
· Maintain equipment in a clean and proper working order, reporting any concerns in a timely manner.
· Clean rooms, storage areas, to achieve standards of cleanliness and presentation, as dictated by Hotel and Corporate policy.
· Work with the Guest Services and Maintenance departments regarding the status of rooms, guest requests, and upkeep and repair issues.
· Ensure the correct handling of lost guest property in accordance with Hotel procedures.
· Carry out opening and closing procedures as detailed in the Standards & Procedures while ensuring accurate completion of any reports.
· Ensure the safe storage, issue and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment as directed by manufactures on their Materials Safety Data Sheets,(MSDS).
· Ensure adherence to the Hotel’s policy regarding security of bedrooms and keys.
· To work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to develop team spirit and to achieve standards of work and guest care as required by Hotel policy.
· Ensure correct placement of Fixtures, Furniture, and Amenities & Equipment.
· Maintain standards in compliance with Housekeeping Department Policies, Procedures and Practices.
· Provide support to Security by communicating any unusual situation or person
· Provide support per the Emergency Response Plan as directed.
· High School diploma an asset.
· Experience in Housekeeping an asset.
· Ability to work day and occasional Evening Service shifts.
· Ability to lift, carry & move 11 to 29 pounds, frequently 30 to 49 pounds, occasionally 50 to 75 pounds.
· Use the stairs frequently.
· Occasionally work outdoors in seasonal temperatures.
· Ability to tolerate cleaning chemicals.
· Ability to prioritize, problem solve and make decisions in support of superior guest service.
· Ability to communicate with Guests and Team Members in a concise, clear and empathetic manner.
· Ability to perform basic counting and arithmetic functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org