Lopes Limited is actively looking for an Experienced Sandblaster to join our Paint Shop team. The person selected will be mainly responsible for sandblasting structural steel.
WHY LOPES ? At Lopes, we are dedicated to employee success through growth, development, and leadership opportunities. We believe our people are our strongest asset which is why we offer:
- State-of-the-art facilities (Brand new paint shop)
- Competitive Industry Compensation
- Employer Paid Benefits package that includes Prescriptions, Health and Dental as well as a private onsite Wellness Clinic
- RRSP Contribution eligibility
- Preferred rates on vehicle maintenance at on-site mechanic shop
- Preferred rates on golf at Twin Stacks Golf Club
- Great work environment with company social events and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Industrial sandblasting in all types of weather condition
- Sandblast custom metal fabricated structures
- Assist and operate paint booth
- Heavy lifting, forklift operator
- Maintenance around shop and yard
- Other duties and tasks as required by the supervisor
- 3 + years of hands-on experience in sandblasting, required
- Forklift certificate, is an asset
- Ability to work productively independently and in a team environment, required
- Safety focus, required
- Excellent attention to detail, required
- Flexible, self-motivated, and driven to achieve deadlines, required
- Ability to communicate and read in English, required
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The employee must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to move frequently, stand up and walk for extended periods of time and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Industrial Sandblasting: 3 years (required)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.