SHIFT: 10 hour shifts. Applicant must have a flexible schedule Sunday-Saturday (Up to 40 hours/week)
Wonderbrands, is a leading North American bakery (formerly Weston Foods, fresh and frozen businesses) with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads, and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries in North America and makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa.
Wonderbrands, a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are hiring sanitation workers to support our bakeries and Team Members.
Our bakery team is the heart of our company and plays an important role in keeping North America’s food supply going. Our sanitation workers ensure adherence to the highest cleanliness standards at our facilities. They work hand in hand with our production team to ensure all equipment is routinely sanitized, facilities are maintained, and all products are produced in the most sanitary conditions.
We are not just a job, we are an extended family, committed to elevating everyday moments and feeding communities and families across the country. Join us, and find fulfillment and purpose in your work.
In a typical day you will:
- Maintain the cleanliness of the production floor and surrounding area.
- Use cleaning equipment (scrapers, brushes, pads, vacuums, scrub machine, compressed air, power washers) to clean production floors, ceilings, walls of the bakery (warehouse, freezer, refrigerators, packing and production).
- Be responsible for locks out, dismantling, cleaning and sanitizing of production machines as required in accordance with master sanitation schedule and standard operating procedures
- Adhere to cleaning procedures in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices Standards and Health and Safety guidelines
- Collect waste and recyclable materials from production area and dispose of them
- Assist in the cleaning of any major spills of liquid or dry product as needed
- Perform specialized cleaning procedures in accordance with master sanitation schedule
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Weston Bakeries food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
To be successful as a sanitation worker, you will
- Be a lover of bread and baked goods!
- Have previous experience in a manufacturing environment (even better if it was food manufacturing!)
- Have previous experience in sanitation (even better if it is industrial sanitation!)
- You are comfortable working with sanitizing agents and chemicals
- You’ve got really strong attention to detail and are able to meet cleanliness standards set by the company
- Like working in a fast-paced environment, be self-reliant, and be energized by opportunities to learn and grow, and be a steward of your own career
- You digest constructive feedback as an opportunity to listen, and improve your skills, abilities, and performance
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!
Wonderbrands is an equal opportunity employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Weston Foods is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations.
Weston Foods offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence.
Weston Foods will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. Please advise your Talent Acquisition, Operations, or HR contact about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process. Information relating to the need for accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Lastly, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.