Website Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services
Full- Time Permanent Position
The Service Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for providing clinical supervision, administrative management, guidance, and leadership of assigned staff. The position provides progressive leadership in all aspects of case management, including management and administration, along with supervisory case collaboration with agency and community stakeholders. The Service Supervisor will provide supervisory coverage and manage the staffing of the Service team to ensure the safety and well-being of children and provide clinical supervision and manage cases in accordance with member First Nations community-based models, Agency policies, and Ministry of Child and Youth Services standards and regulations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline deemed appropriate.
- At least three (3) years of successful employment experience within a child welfare environment. Applicant must have (2)years of front-line service delivery, plus (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Experience in the delivery of First Nation Child and Family Services is preferred.
- Comprehensive experience in Child Welfare Frontline Case Management systems and Child Welfare recordings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to providing service in the Anishinaabe context of extended family and community involvement.
- Excellent supervisory, planning and organization, problem-solving, decision-making, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary Traditional Child Welfare Management Team.
- Working knowledge of group dynamics supported with working knowledge in consultation and conflict resolution techniques.
- Expert knowledge of Indigenous history, legislative rights, First Nation community models and holistic and indigenous models of healing and wellness.
- Expert knowledge of Child Welfare legislation, Child Protection Standards, Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.Regulations, Guidelines and Policy Directives, Case Management and Supervision requirements particularly in relation to the delivery of Child and Family Services.
- Expert knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service development and delivery; and, the communities and family structure specifically in relation to local First Nation customs and traditions.
- Sound working knowledge of the standards for children in care including recording timelines, reporting practices including SeriousOccurrences, along with new legislative amendments relative to protection services.
- Good knowledge of the provincial Outside Placement Resources through OARTY and group home systems including specialized treatment placement admission processes and specialized rate agreements.
- Working knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of the Agency including the service delivery model, policies, procedures, and guidelines related to protection services.
- Working knowledge of youth justice and mental health services and other community resources available for youth in care and for youth support.
- Knowledge of the structure and operations including the member First Nations, external services and service agencies in the area.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports regarding First Nation Child and Family Services delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate community group decision-making processes through knowledge, ideas, and service delivery experience; and, extensive experience in designing, planning and delivering training workshops.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package, and OMERS pension plan. Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Legal Assistant – Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation.
Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax, or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
Child Well Being Worker – Sudbury/Island
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com