Website Hard-Line Solutions
The Skilled Labourer is responsible to perform tasks involving physical labour on commercial building projects with work crews located in Dowling, Chelmsford, and Downtown Sudbury. They are also responsible for cleaning and preparing the work site unloading and loading materials, reading plans and specifications, tending and operating machinery.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Associated Duties
- Report damages and acts of vandalism.
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas.
- Cut grass and tend grounds.
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair.
- May move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment, structures and grounds on the property.
- Assist carpenters, engineers or other workers.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful materials.
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel.
- Remove rubble and other debris as construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment.
- Perform physical labour indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Comply and enforce Occupational Health and Safety Act standards and practices.
- Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, etc.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Drive vehicles, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of experience as labourer
- G Drivers License is required for the Dowling/Chelmsford locations, but not required for the downtown location.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment would be considered an asset
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to comprehend detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform small repairs around building
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to take direction
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Physical ability to lift up-to 80 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend or crouch
- Use of personal protective equipment, including safety glasses and steel toe boots
- Work in outside conditions such as inclement weather, heat and humidity, exposure to dust
- Ability to lift, pull, push and carry objects
- Noisy environment at times
- Excellent stamina required
- 10 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Skilled Labor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Email Resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Hard-Line: Skilled Labourer” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org