TRACK PROTECTION/FLAG PERSON
WHO WE ARE:
Our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and
sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size
project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional
value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
We are currently seeking those interested in a Track Protection/Flag Person
position to support our Track Protection Services
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel throughout Eastern Canada.
Reporting to the Manager Track Protection Services, the Track Protection/Flag
Person is responsible for controlling and directing contractors on active railway
rights-of-way on and through the construction work zone within defined limits.
Using specific railway operating rules, instructions and techniques, this position
ensures that contractors clear the working zone prior to the approach of a train
minimizing any delays to scheduled railway operations. This individual will direct
the contractor’s on-site equipment and personnel when working in close proximity
to active rail corridors and related hazards, and communicates and interacts with
the contractor and railway personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
· Conducts daily job briefings in order that all contactors understand site specific instructions prior to commencing work
· Review the work site on a minimum daily basis and consults with Supervisor and or contractors representative to understand work being conducted, and any potential hazards.
· Maintain alertness at all times.
· Set up, reposition and dismantle railway specific signage.
· Protect workers and the public by keeping work space free of traffic, and warning oncoming traffic of potential hazards.
· Communicate effectively with other flagmen and Rail Traffic Controllers using established procedures and radio equipment to ensure the understanding of instructions, track protection
· limits, work site hazards and other specific site conditions.
· Install and dismantles railway signaling devices (flags) at designated locations
· Once briefed, directs movement of personnel and equipment through work areas
· Prepares daily timesheets, work sheets and other reports as required
· Promotes, executes and adheres to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
· Driving of assigned company vehicle · Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Sound understanding of railway engineering safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures
· Be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites
· Able to work in a safety sensitive position, in a unique role directing contractors who are engaged with completing multi-million dollar construction projects on live railway corridors within tight schedules
· Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
· A high school diploma with at least 2 years of related work experience in the protecting of track units, track work or related emergency response environments
· Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License
· Ability to read instructions, follow written policies and procedures.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Perform duties 24/7/365 (including days, nights, weekends) in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions.
· Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure
· Canadian Railway Operating Rules certification considered an asset.
· Prior experience working within a railway company is a definite asset.
· Training in railway “Track Inspection Guidelines” or equivalent is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Competitive Pay
· An industry leading comprehensive benefits program
· The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com