Website Canadian Red Cross
The Canadian Red Cross mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and around the world.
Posted: September 18, 2020
Region: CAN – ON – North Bay Branch
|Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Transitional Care Worker (Bilingual – English & French).
The Transitional Care Workers will provide seniors and their caregivers with support to safely return and settle at home after a hospital stay through the Priority Assistance to Transition Home (PATH) program. The Transitional Care Workers will facilitate and support client independence by providing transitional services from hospital to home which reflects the unique needs of each client.
- Provides support to client during hospital discharge process as required
- Supports client during the transition from hospital to client’s home in accordance with established service plan
- Completes basic errands as required, in accordance with established service plan.
- Completes basic home management duties, in accordance with established service plan.
- Completes risk analysis of home using standardized Risk Assessment tool
- Facilitates client and caregiver engagement., i.e. providing applicable information on client related issues
- Facilitates referrals to Community Support Services and discharge process as per program guidelines
- Prepares nutritious meals as required
- Safely and hygienically stores and handles food
- Handles and stores hazardous products safely (WHMIS)
- Maintains comfort and safety of client’s immediate environment
- Identifies and reports any unsafe or hazardous equipment and situations to the Program Coordinator
- Takes measures to ensure personal safety
- Takes measures to protect the health and safety of clients
- Observes and reports any concerns related to the client or their environment to the Program Coordinator
- Validates individual’s communication
- Seeks direction from Program Coordinator as appropriate
- Reports activities and/or observations to Program Coordinator as appropriate
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required; in consultation with the Program Coordinator
- Provides companionship
- Maintenance of confidentiality of clients
- Job description, subject to change.
The minimum qualifications for this position include Standard First Aid and CPR-C. Gerontology training an asset. Interpersonal skills typically gained through daily living skills. Bilingualism (English & French) is required.
Demonstrates Fundamental Abilities:
- Participates as a member of the core/support team:
- Follows care plan as identified by the appropriate funder agency
- Does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
- Acknowledges limitations: keeps within role and knowledge base
Demonstrates Acceptable Work Habits:
- Dependable, punctual
- Able to manage stress
- Accepts suggestions
- Interacts well with others
- Maintains professional appearance
- Maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and the Canadian Red Cross Society
- Proven budgeting and project management skills including attention to detail and working with tight deadlines.
- Previous Red Cross experience an advantage.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self starter and able to work in an environment with ambiguity.
- Red Cross Health ERU training (to be provided if not already done).
- Proven ability to be a supportive and productive team member.
Duties are principally conducted at the in the residencies of the clients. Domestic travel within the Nipissing area will be required. The work can require irregular hours, including week-ends and holidays without notice. A good range of motion is required to assist clients with an arm-assist, or pushing a wheelchair.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.