Website Sudbury Catholic District School Board
Join our dynamic team and embrace our longstanding tradition of quality, faith-based education.
Weekend Assistant Custodian
Permanent 3 positions available
Saturdays and Sundays, 8-16 hours weekly
(8 hours per day, start times to be determined as needed, mandatory ½ hour unpaid lunch)
The Assistant Custodian performs various duties related to the efficient operation and maintenance of building(s) and grounds ensuring clean, safe, and healthy conditions. They provide direction to cleaning staff based on instructions received from the Building Services Technician/Custodian. Finally, in the absence of the Building Services Technician/Custodian, the Assistant Custodian serves as the lead contact person for any issues related to facilities.
- Secondary (High) School diploma
- Current valid First Aid (basic standard) and CPR certifications
- Basic knowledge of computer applications (e.g.: E-mail, Internet, Windows Operating System environment)
- Working knowledge in the operations of all custodial processes & procedures and custodial cleaning/grounds equipment
- Working knowledge of minor repairs, upkeep and maintenance of equipment
- Basic knowledge of all building systems including: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, Building Automation Services (B.A.S.), energy management systems
- Working knowledge of Facility Services Procedures, Guidelines and programs
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations
- Basic knowledge of the Facility Management System
- 2 years of cleaning experience or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing (English)
- Ability to perform minor repairs, upkeep and maintain equipment
- Ability to operate various equipment, e.g. tractor, ride on floor equipment, snow blower, etc.
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment with a demonstrated customer service focus
- Ability to communicate and relate with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Occasional lifting/carrying of furniture, snow etc. up to 25 lbs (up to 75 lbs on rare occasions)
- Frequent pushing, pulling, standing, walking and bending.
Assistant Custodian salary is $22.87 per hour.
Please note the annual work schedule does not include school break at Christmas and summer break (July and August).
Our board is committed to providing safe environments for our students and staff. Please note that the conditions of employment include an acceptable Police Record Vulnerable Sector Check, as well as the certificate of completion for the Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps Training (available on-line).
For more information on these opportunities and working for Sudbury Catholic Schools, please
view the fully detailed job description by clicking Assistant Custodian Job Description and visit www.sudburycatholicschools.ca. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online at sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a cover letter and resume, along with the names of three professional references no later than noon on March 27, 2023.
The Sudbury Catholic District School Board is committed to building a diverse and qualified workforce which reflects and serves the needs of its students and its communities, and supports the mission, vision and values of the Board.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes. For questions about this collection of information please contact Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information, please contact the Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620.
Thank you for your interest in Sudbury Catholic Schools.
Salary Rate: $22.87 per hour
To apply for this job please visit sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com.