YMCA John Island Day Camp
Where real growth happens, since 1954!
YMCA John Island Camp will be offering a day camp this summer. Have fun, make friends, and try new thing at John Island Camp. Children ages 5-12 are welcome. Programming will start each morning at 8:30 at the Walkhouse Bay Rd. docks and end at 4:45 at the Walkhouse Bay Rd. docks.
- Monday July 20th, 2020- Friday July 24th, 2020*
- Monday July 27th, 2020- Friday July 31st, 2020*
*Transportation to the docks is not provided.
*Children must bring a lunch as lunch will not be provided to day campers.
Kids will be supervised by trained, attentive John Island counselling staff all day. Our staff are dedicated to building fun and educational experiences for youth of all ages. Many have been John Island campers themselves so they know how important this can be!
They will get to participate in all sorts of fun camp activities, examples of which include:
- Water-sports like swimming, canoeing, kayaking, boogie boarding and sailing
- Land-sports like kickball, volleyball, and some of our JIC token games like Nuke-Em Ball, Gaga Ball and All-4-ONE!
- Nature activities such as hikes, out-lunches and crafts
- Climbing, initiatives, low ropes and challenge courses!
Day Camp Packing List:
- Sun screen
- Reusable water bottle
- Lunch and a snack
- Bathing suit
- PFD (optional, we have some available to loan. Contact us for additional information!)
- A smile!
If you have questions please contact Jenny Groom at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or call 705-929-0923.